Best Vacuum Sealer
When it comes to stocking your survival shelter, the best vacuum sealer you can find is likely to become your best friend as you struggle to keep your shelter stocked with edible foods. A vacuum sealer enables you to seal and store foods for future use when you don’t have access to a refrigerator, a freezer, or other food storage methods like dryers.
Not Just for Food
Some of the best vacuum sealer ideas have nothing to do with food preservation. Think of all the things you have in your bug out bag for example, that you want to make sure stays dry. Here are some things you can seal in your vacuum sealer.
- Other fire starting materials like tinder
- Books and other valuable documents like birth certificates
- Emergency phone
- Your child’s favorite stuffed animal or other toys that must be kept dry.
- CD’s or other video formats like treasured VHS tapes
Top Vacuum Sealer Choices
Today you can choose from a multitude of vacuum sealers designed to seal just about anything you need to preserve or just keep dry. Here are some of the best vacuum sealer choices:
- Sportsman’s Advantage: This vacuum sealer comes with the 3 basic bag sizes, the pint, the quart, and the gallon. Some features include: easy to use backlit control panel, 215 watt motor, fan cooled system to prevent overheating, and a single piston pump that delivers 22.5” HG vacuum strength. This one also accepts bags up to 11 inches wide, and has a handy automatic one touch vacuum sealing operation. You can also control the vacuum pressure which may come in handy for sealing things other than food.
- FoodSaver FreshSaver Handheld Vacuum Sealer: Starter kit comes with 1 deli container, 5 one quart, and 5 one gallon zipper bags, and is rechargeable, cordless and compact and easy to use. Its one touch operation makes vacuuming sealing easy.
- Weston Vacuum Sealer: This heavy duty sealer is great for sealing larger items and can seal bags up to 15 inches wide which makes it great for sealing game. It also has a one touch operation, a double piston vacuum pump, and its countertop design keeps food fresh 5 to 6 times longer.
- FoodSaver V3240 Vertical Vacuum Sealer: Vertical design is great for people with limited counter space and can still seal large bags. The FoodSaver sealing system is designed to prevent freezer burn. This vacuum sealer removes air and moisture from multi-layer bags and locks in flavor so your food tastes fresh even after months of storage. This is an easy to use, user friendly machine that will save you money when you no longer lose meat to freezer burn.
- VacMaster Portable Chamber Vacuum Sealer: This one is the best vacuum sealer for soups, stews, and game meat. The VacMaster enables you to store meats scent free and for long periods of time. Just about every sealer on the market cannot easily seal liquids like soups, but that is this sealers specialty. Suction machines that suck out air also suck out liquids so this chamber machine uses a different technology to get rid of the problem when sealing soups and other liquids.
Not Just for Foods
Before you go out looking for the best vacuum sealer money can buy, decide what you want it for. Some sealers are limited to smaller bags while others are great for sealing liquids. Sealers can be used for a lot of things other than food so if you are sealing other things make sure your sealer can handle the job. Some sealers are more versatile than others and can handle bags up to 15 inches wide while others will go up to 11 inches or less. Identify your needs before you buy.
Return from Best Vacuum Sealer to DIY Survival Food
Print This Page